• question-icon

Should flotral be stopped if erectile function is compromised?

I am 58 and am taking 10 mg flotral for over 2 years. Had some difficulty in urinating. Prostrate size is normal. History of urethral stricture. Now it's ok. Am able to urinate, but it dribbles out in the end. My erectile function is compromised. My muscles seem to be over relaxed. Should I stop flotral.
Mon, 2 Apr 2018

I would advise you to check your sustainability of erection by a simple test called NPT penile tumescence in which erections occur in the early morning during sleep which can rule out any problem. If it is normal, there is nothing to worry it is unlikely that you are suffering from any erection problem. So, I can say that you might be stressful with your busy schedule to try to spend some time with your partner to get rid of any understanding problems or anxiety.

I would advise you to follow a simple method called Master and Johnson technique which would certainly help you. In that, the lady partner has to make some signal or she can squeeze (squeezing technique) the penis forward just before you ejaculates, which would make your erection to last longer and sexual satisfaction would be better. This method is very effective but it takes little time for the couple to get an appropriate result in it, so be patient and be relaxed.

The other advise I can suggest is, if you are anxious and stressed you may need to take anti-anxiety drugs like Escitalopram (prescription based medication) which would help to get relief from anxiety and fear. Still is it is not better, you can take sildenafil tablets. So please follow these techniques and consultant your Psychiatrist for further guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Soujanya