Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
182 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Should flotral be stopped if erectile function is compromised?

I am 58 and am taking 10 mg flotral for over 2 years. Had some difficulty in urinating. Prostrate size is normal. History of urethral stricture. Now it's ok. Am able to urinate, but it dribbles out in the end. My erectile function is compromised. My muscles seem to be over relaxed. Should I stop flotral.
Mon, 2 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response

I would advise you to check your sustainability of erection by a simple test called NPT penile tumescence in which erections occur in the early morning during sleep which can rule out any problem. If it is normal, there is nothing to worry it is unlikely that you are suffering from any erection problem. So, I can say that you might be stressful with your busy schedule to try to spend some time with your partner to get rid of any understanding problems or anxiety.

I would advise you to follow a simple method called Master and Johnson technique which would certainly help you. In that, the lady partner has to make some signal or she can squeeze (squeezing technique) the penis forward just before you ejaculates, which would make your erection to last longer and sexual satisfaction would be better. This method is very effective but it takes little time for the couple to get an appropriate result in it, so be patient and be relaxed.

The other advise I can suggest is, if you are anxious and stressed you may need to take anti-anxiety drugs like Escitalopram (prescription based medication) which would help to get relief from anxiety and fear. Still is it is not better, you can take sildenafil tablets. So please follow these techniques and consultant your Psychiatrist for further guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Soujanya
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I m 27 years old I am suffering erectile dysfunction for last one half year ,I met urologist and andrologist and told I have semen vesicle...

Recent questions on  Urethra

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 24 year old man, having a rare burning feeling while urinating for last 7 years. The problem has grown with time. Last year in USG, ~100...

doctor1 MD

Hi. About three months ago I was diagnosed with a case of acute bacterial prostatitis. I was put on a four week course of ofloxacin. My urine...

doctor1 MD

In Aug of 2009, had unprotected sex with a new partner and since then have had trouble with my
genital area. 6 days after the encounter, started...

doctor1 MD

I have an external urethral orifice irratation that started yesterday. More than 12 months ago I started having issues with my left testicle such...

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after...