Should compression stockings be used for deep vein thrombosis?

My name is Ram Krishan Sachdeva (M -65 yrs). On 29th June I visited a Cardiologist with persistent(past 2 days) left leg calf pain (Cramp like). After Clinical investigations and Venous Doppler test it was diagonised as: Unprovoked DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and I was put on Inj. Clexane 0.4 mg for 5 days extended by another 2 days, and Warfarine-3mg/day which was increased to 5mg from 1st July,2011 with regular monitoring of INR till target achieved. INR which was initially 1.25 increased to 2.52 on 5th July. After ECHO/ECG etc tests I was advised to continue Warfarine-5mg and to repeat INR after one month. On 21st (July)morning I started having abdomen pain and subsequently Nausea/ burping & vomitting. I was hospitalised in the evening- Ultrasound showed blockage of Intestine?(Chest X-ray and CTC Scan was also done). Next morning ( 22nd July) since problem was persisting I shifted to a Speciality Hospital in New Delhi(India). Laparoscopy Operation of Intestine had to be postponed for 3 days as the Blood was too thin(INR 5.4 and PTT 54). Laparoscopic Check showed blood/blood Clots all over Intestine which were flushed out. Twice endoscopy/Enteroscopy was carried out. Color Dopler test carried out on 28th July showed no DVT/no clots The Diogonosis was: •     Intramural jejunal hematoma(Warfarin induced) with Intestine obstruction, •      FUC of doubtful deep vein thrombosis, I am Hypertension and on regular use of Telma-H for past many years T.K.R(Bilateral-both knees) was done two years back. High resolution Duplex scanning of the Veins of left lower limb along with detailed color flow Angio and road mapping was done on 20th august which shows: •     Residual Thrombus seen in the Prox.seg. of Lt. Post. Tib Vein •     Diameter stenosis:Lt. Post Tib v.-prox.seg.-70% •     Venous Blood is high viscous. •     Valsalva sign-positive on the left side •     Augmentation reaction +ve with bi-directional flow at the Lt. Sapheno-Fem & Lt. Sapheno-Popi.junctions suggestive of Venous Valve insufficiency. •     Lt. Long Saph. v. and Lt. Short Saph.v. are Dilated and Varicosed along with branch varicosity •     Dia. Of superficial veins: 1.     Lt. long Sph.v-SF junction-13mm 2.     Lt. long Sph.v-mid. Thigh- 6-5 mms 3.     Lt. long Sph.v-mid calf.- 5-4 mms 4.     Lt. short Sph.v- 4-5 mms •     An incompetent perforator(dia-4mm) seen in Lt. lower mid calf region medially •     Odeama of soft tissue and hyperpigmentation of the lower legs I have been advised Actrom 1mg/2mg alternate days and to do PTT after 10 days of use of medicine, Compression Stockings during day time and elevation of legs. Now I seek your opinion/advice. Warfarine was stopped on 21st july itself.
Tue, 22 Aug 2017