Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Should an injection be taken for the 2nd child if the woman has B -ve blood group ?

What Type of Complication with a woman or second child if a woman has B Blood group Sir , I M O+ & my wife is B- , We have a 3+ old baby boy . & my wife is 8th month pregnant . The Doctor says if a woman has B- then she has to take a injection after a 1st child unless there will be some prob with second child . But the doctor at the time of 1st pregnancy hasn t give any that type of injection .... cCould you pls guide me what type of complication can be held with my wife or baby ... & what we can do now . Regards jatinder Singh 9313045639
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic

This is a situation of Rh incompatibility. Ideally, the mother should have been given Anti-D Immunoglobulin injection within 72 hours of the first delivery. Rh incompatiblity can cause anything from mild anemia to severe jaundice or still birth (erythroblastosis fetalis). However, as Anti-D Immunoglobulin had not been given, all you can do now is have an obstetric scan done, to confirm the well being of the fetus and anticipate anemia or jaundice of the newborn.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor