Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Should I try a height increase powder which releases more growth hormones?

Hello , I will be 21 im june.My height now is 5ft 10inches.I have not grown in past 2 yrs.My father is also 5 ft 10 inches.Recently i came across a height growth powder which helps in releasing more growth hormones.I seriously want to increase my height to 6ft.What should i do???Can u suggest exercose for the same. Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you.
there are some factors of body growth & height.
growth hormone,androgen & height of the parents are more important.
usually growth occurs up to the age of 18 years.
5 ft 10 inches is not a less height.
at this age hormonal therapy is not so effective.
you may consult an endocrinologist.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Diabetologist Dr. Madhuri Patil's  Response
Aug 2012
Hi there.

There is nothing which can be taken orally to release growth hormone in your body. Once a person (male) has crossed 20 years it means his bones have fused and will not grow in length and hence height will not grow. This is true even though person tries injectable preparation of growth hormone. So please do not fall pray to such ads selling such products. Your height is appropriate as per your family height. With healthy lifestyle you can improve your looks and then height does not matter when it is less by 2 inches than your expected height! Do not waste money. I hope you understand. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

In children at the end of each bone there is something called the epiphyseal cartilage/plate that allows for more bone to be added and height increased. At the end of puberty, this is replaced by an epiphyseal line and no more bone can be added.
It is ,unfortunately, not possible for you to increase your height at your present age because there is no cartilage to form bone at the end of your long bones. Growth hormone is useful in children who have issues with their height because they have the capacity to grow taller.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor