Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Should I take my son to the hospital for pain in legs and hips after a fall from his cycle ?

My 11 year old son was riding home from school today and hit a log, went over the handle bars and fell on his left hip. The top area of his left Illiumis is very bruised and extremely sore . Came home from school and played out side for a little. Came in and said he is in pain when he walks,lift his legs,rotate his hips and when he gets up from a sitting position. Should i take him to the hospital?
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You need to take him to a hospital as the bruise could be a tell tale sign of some underlying fracture. And if so, will require bed rest. Please prevent him from walking till you consult an orthopaedician. He will require an Xray for the same. meanwhile let him rest and apply some ice over the bruise.
Get back to me if in doubt.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor