• question-icon

Should I take R-Cinex after missing on dose of TB medicine?

my wt is 68 and my age is 49.i ate tb medicine for 12 days bui my body couldn't resist it so i skipped for 1 day.now my doctor has prescribed me to eat r cinex for 3 days .then continue another tb medicine.he also hasn't prescribe any vitamin tablets .so what will i do.
Mon, 25 Jan 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
R-Cinex contains two medications namely Isoniazid and Rifampin, which are antibiotics prescribed to treat patients who are suffering from tuberculosis.
Complying with the treatment everyday for the specified period is very very essential in the treatment of tuberculosis. Hence, you should never miss even a single dose for that matter at any cost. Otherwise, the organisms would develop resistance to the regular line of drugs and next would be very difficult to treat the infection and might land you up in development of dreadful complications.
Hence, kindly take the medications as advised. You can take multivitamin capsules anytime during the course of treatment.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.