Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned if the child is complaining of being hot ?

Should I be concerned that my child is complaining of being hot? My 6 year old son is screaming and holding his head saying he is getting too hot and that can t stand it anymore. That his body is too hot to sleep. I checked his temperature and has no fever . However, he is adamant that his body feels as if it is on fire.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1026
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Does your son feel warm on touching when he is complaining like this? I hope the thermometer is not faulty.

I hope your son sweats normally. In case he does not sweat and complains of feeling hot then he needs to be shown to a doctor as there is a medical condition, though rare, where sweat pores are absent and a child feels very hot.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


Answered: Fri, 16 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor