Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, swelling, knee popping, painful. Should I just keep icing?

i had my acl replaced and miniscus repaired in my right knee 3 years ago. yesterday i fell and slammed my shin against a step. immediately my shin started swelling , but my knee felt fine. later, i was walking up hill when my knee made a weird popping sound on the front left side. this was followed by pain and swelling all along the front, especially on the front right side. now my knee feels stiff and is painful to fully extend and my ankle hurts/aches on and off. there is still some swelling in my shin and knee. should i just keep icing and elevating it or go see a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to see a orthopaedic surgeon as soon as possible. I think there can be a meniscus tear. Till that time you can follow these advices.
1. Ice applicaton
2. Volini gel local application
3. Table Brufen two times daily
4.Compression bandage over knee
Answered: Fri, 4 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor