Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, severe swelling, bruising, throbbing lump. Using ice, some relief. Healing time?

hi, i was hit with a fast ball 2 weeks ago in my shin, the softball bounced off the ground going about 45 miles per hour. My shin instantly blew up to the size of the softball that hit me. I iced it on and off that nite and every nite since. The bruising went away, but I still have a lump the size of a half dollar that throbs at nite. Should I see a doctor, or does it just need more time to heal?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query

It seems to be soft tissue injury over your shin.

But swelling is still present , so examination of leg and x-ray is required to rule out any fracture.

So you have to see the doctor for clinical exam and treatment plan according to that.

Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor