Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Shin injury after fall. Knot under skin, painful, hurts to touch. Concerned

I fell after losing my balance going up some stairs. My shin took the hit in the fall just a few inches above my ankle. This happened 17 days ago, the bruising, and cut have healed. However, I still have a knot under the skin, and its still painful, along with the area surrounding the injury. I am concerned because it still hurts so much to the touch, and the size of the knot. Please help, and thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
I an understand your concerns,I think the knot is the healing connective tissue inside and the pain indicates that the area is still a bit inflamed. In such a case it's better to start.
1: ibuprofen 400mg three times a day after your main meals for just couple of days.
2: Fusiderm-H ointment would be a better option if you can have it OTC to spread up the healing and reducing the inflammation.
If the treatment responds in 3-5 days then its a good sign but if not then you have to see your doctor in order to do an x-ray of the leg to rule out anything serious like fracture,
I hope the treatment will relieve your problem.
Thanks very much and all the best.
Answered: Sat, 17 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor