Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Shin injury. Bruise formation, sudden pain, bump. Icing it. Treatment options?

I got a bruise on my shin from football, it happened when the back of my friends cleat hit my shin, I felt a sudden pain nd I try d rubbing it, after practice it got fat so I iced it, each day that week I ve iced and drank water but then I stopped Icing. The bump has been there since our 2 week of football but, I m already on my last week of football nd I still got this bruise or bump
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for the query.

The bruise on shin is due to crushing of your tissue in between the shin and the external pressure. Some blood vessels get ruptured during the time and blood gets collected in between the tissues. That is how a bruise occurs. The collected blood is slowly broken down to it's constituents and removed from the site over a period. Then the bruise disappears.

I presume you do not have any problem in walking or playing. Since it has happened around 2 weeks back, the colour would have become normal now. The bump which remains on your shin will go over some time. No treatment would be required for the same. You can apply hot water compression to the swelling, which would speed up the process of healing.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Fakhar-i-Rifaq's  Response
hi. Be carefull while practicing cause such injuries are more painful in old age.this inury was due to rupture of blood vessels,blood collection of small ammount is resolved quickley but there was big amount of blood now you should have aspiration with needle and then apply compression bandage for one week-------- .in future whenever you get such injury apply cold and press it and give compression bandage. bye take care
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor