Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain in rib cage. No fracture seen in x-ray. Took painkiller. Looking for relief

In mid December I took a sharp hit on my right rib cage. After pain for a month, I got an xray -- which showed that my ribs were not broken. I got pain killers to ease the pain, which could have been bruised. I do not normally attend gym classes, last week (a few months on from the hit) I went to pilates and am since feeling very winded on that same side again, and is more painful at night.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

It may be a simple case of spasm and you should not worry too much about the pain. I hope you take some muscle relaxants along with pain killers to be able to sleep better tonight. You should be well by tomorrow. If sleep is a big issue I recommend an over the counter sleep aid which will help with your sleep problems.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor