Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Severe hair loss, normal blood test, scalp biopsy showed non-scarring, non-inflammatory alopecia. What can be done?

i have had significant hair loss over the past year. I have had blood work ( TSH , Testosterone ,CBC, Estrogen ) and everything has come back normal. My dermatologist did a scalp biopsy and the results came back as non-scarring, non-inflammatory alopecia. My dermatologist and gynocologist both say I am fine but my hair continues to fall out. I am at a lost of what to do
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello madam, your hair loss depends on your age. hair loss is usually due to hormonal imbalance, and the treatment is divided as medical and surgical. if medical line fails then you may try surgical restoration of hair
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi,hair is made of protein and adequate protein is necessary for luxurient hair.women require 60 grams,men 80 to 90 grams of is supplied by milk,buttermilk,yogurt,soyabean,eggs,cheese,meat and fish.a deficiency of some of the B vitamins,iron,copper and iodine causes the falling of should keep your diets adequate in iodine,the B VItamins and iron.Amla oil,prepared by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil,is considered a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair should take one glass of lettuce and spinach (mixture) juice per day.take care
Answered: Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor