Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Severe burning and pain in right outer thigh, small lump above knee, hurts a lot. Please advice?

I have had sever burning and pain in my right outer thigh. When it first strted I noticed a very small lump about 3 inches above my knee . Now ther is a large lump above my knee about 4 x4 and the pain and burning is getting worse and more often, first only at night and waking me up. It even hurts to wear clothes in that area. Any advice
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
After reading your history there can be mutiple of possibilities of the same which can be due to trauma to local area which is causing damage to the skin day by day. It would be better if you can give us a detailed history along with a good picture of the affected area or can consult a dermatologist for checking the aggravating factors. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area. You can apply a calamine lotion over the same. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. For the pain part you can take paracetamol (Crocin) or diclofenac or Ibuprofen.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor