Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe arm swelling, large lump formed on arm after using drugs. Cure for lump?

I shot up in my arm ,a very little of the drug went in, but pulled out when it was hurting and burning. I did not put anything back unto that arm. Approximately 20 mins my arm swelled up and there is a large lump that is hard. It has been over a week and it hurts very bad. Ive put a heat compress and cold . Its not getting any better
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

From the symptoms you have described, you appear to be having a "thrombo-phlebitis" (i.e. inflamation / thickening of the vein). Simple home remedies like hot or cold compress, keeping the affected arm elevated on pillows, taking adequate fluids and getting as much rest as possible, can help to a certain extent and it may take a few days for the swelling and thickening to resolve. However, since these don't seem to be helping you much, it's better to have yourself examined by a doctor. In case you develp fever, chills or if the arm becomes red and warm, then it means that you are developing complications and you need compulsory medical attention.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor