Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Scars on neck, face and back due to acne vulgaris. Tried many creams but in vain. Any cure ?

Hello Dr... I am 25 years old having problem of acne vulgaris from last 5 years... I have tried a lot to get rid of this problem n have many treatments from well known dermatologist but it was invane.... now i have scars on my face, neck , and back.... Moreover, my skin is of double tone.... i am basically of fair complexion but my arms and some other body parts are of darker tone. So, I need your help regarding my problem as soon as possible as i m going to get married.... Reply awaited.... Thank u.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi, there are multiple treatment options available to tackle acne scarring. One can go for peels, microdermabrasion, dermarollers(microneedling of scars) and even Lasers. What will suit to your needs, depends on the kind of scars you are having that is whether they are superficial or deep scars. As far as darkening of ceratain body areas are concerned, you should protect yourself from sun exposure, use a good sunscreen and can go for peeling sessions to lighten the darker areas. Hope that solves your query.
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Acne vulgaris is most common during your age,but is treatable.Mild one can be treated by only local therapy and chronic and severe form by systemic therapy.
You are already taking treatment for 5 years this is long period.
If you have Scars and pigmentation then consult a good Dermatologist surgical modes like Dermabrasion and excision of scars.
Frequent wash with soap and water.
There are antibiotic to treat acne and hormone therapy in selected cases.
Complexion may be due to sun exposure so take care before going outside apply sun screen lotion with high SPF. Wearing Full sleev Clothing can also help.
Take care
Best of Luck to you
Good wishes.

Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor