Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Scars on face, under lips, morphea, feels scar tissue above jawline, under the teeth. Cure?

Some years ago I went to a dermatologist for something resembling a scar , started off small, bit is now about 2cm by 1.5cm, on my face, under mu lips , to the left. Was told it may be morphea scar tissue . Had a sample tested and all was ok, not cancerous then, only its been about 8or more years since that time and I have recently felt a pea sized lump/two right under the scar tissue, it feels round and very hard. Its like its just above the jawline, under the teeth line but inside the cheel area. I m trying to get another appointment but its taking ages. Any idea what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  314
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi, morphea is a relatively non cancerous condition. Lump may be coincidental in the cheek at the same spot .it could be a retention cyst.
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor