Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Safe brand and course of OC pills

Hello doc, I am going to get married within 17 days fiancee is too shy to visit a Gynac for contraceptive pills . Can you please suggest me a safe brand and course of pills . She is a healthy girl with no known allergy and she is 21. regards s pillai
Asked On : Mon, 19 Apr 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  301
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
visiting a gynecologist will help in finding the most suitable pills
some medical conditions to be excluded where pills are not advised
various combination pills are available to be choosen from depending on menstrual history and other findings in clinical examination like blood pressure ,h/o jaundice in past and other things .an over all evaluation is needed for prescribing suitable pills
and pills are to be started from within first 5 days of cycle depending on the type of pills,otherwise it will not be effective . thank you for query
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Visit the drug store for oral combined contraceptive pills, she has to start the tab on the 5th day of her menses, once day for 21 days, after stopping the pills she will get her periods. Again you have to continue the cycle.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.

Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.There are lots of combined contraceptive pils available as OTC products which you can buy and you need not visit your Gynec for that.My advice to you is to use condom instead of OC pills as there prolonged use may result in inablity to conceive in many cases.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

I guess it is better if you visit a doctor .

Answered: Mon, 19 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor