Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Right hip replacement needed. Severe pain in right leg. Are they not related?

I am in need of a right hip replacement - down to bone on bone. But I also have severe pain in my right leg - the side, sometimes the shin and most of all at top and outside of right ankle. I ve been told that this pain could not be coming from my hip. But can t the muscles, and so nerves be affected by different use of hip because of severe arthritis?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

The only option for severe degenerative Hip arthritis is Total hip replacement (THR) procedure.

THR is considered to be one of the most successful surgeries with very promising results.

Either your muscles or nerves will not be affected by the procedure.

So, go ahead and have a new life for your hip joint.

Hope this information is helpful. Good luck

Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi, hip is a complicated part, with nerves and blood vessels, around, the swelling there can cause pressure on the surrounding structures, and cause pain of the lower structures. Dont worry, you will be fine after the surgery.
Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor