Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Right hand joints have become swollen. what should I do ?

29, f I have been having continuous issues with my right hand I work in an office and the joints have become swollen and now I am unable to clench it without hurting immensely. I have in the past had a boxers break I am wondering if this would effect my hand at all. I also have clicking when my wrist rotates is this carpal tunnel ? I have been trying ibuprofen and the cold just makes it hurt worse what should i do ?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  222
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
swelling is not the feature of carpal tunnel syndrome.
get your wrist x ray.
pain killer can help.
consult orthopedic surgeon.
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. P M. Sohal's  Response
i would order an x ray and serology to confirm either u have RA/SLE. therapy wise pain killlers are best u can take i would like to follow u
Answered: Tue, 20 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Arun Kumar's  Response
Hi kathryncwright,

Welcome to healthcareMagic forum.

Thanks for your query.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a disease effecting wrist joint. The space between tissues and bones is called carpal tunnel. Median nerve is a member of carpal tunnel. Any swelling in the carpal tunnel puts the pressure on median nerve. Resulting in numbness and tingling sensation in thumb, index and middle finger. I advice you to get one X-Ray of wrist joint done. consult your Orthopedist. Running the hand in cold and hot would help.

I hope i answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 20 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Sounds rather painful until you get some professional advice I suggest running the painful area under freezing cold water, following the cold water run under hot water (dont scold yourself though mind) and keep repeating this process! This should numb the pain! This process is good for bruising and such like! Good luck hope you get thing sorted out soon!
Answered: Sat, 22 Jan 2011
  User's Response
This seems there is strain on shoulder related either muscle or nerve . For this apply warm coconut oil & hot water bag for 2 min for seven day . Try some ayurvedic treatment by genuine doctor & ayurvedic massage .
Answered: Sun, 18 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.This could happen due to carpal tunnel,elevation of a chemical like uric acid,some local problems etc.It is better that you visit a orthopedic surgeon and get it properly diagnosed.Do not take analgesics on regular basis,avoid giving strain to the part and give rest,you can apply local analgesics as per need.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Sun, 18 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor