Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Reddish boil or bump on the scrotum. Does it need to be treated?

hello, i have noticed a small red boil or bump on my scrotum . i have never had one before. it is on the underside and i think has been caused by friction from underwear rubbing against my ball sack or else shaving the other week. there is also a white dot in it - maybe a hair follacle. should i hang on a week to see if it goes away? i was worried when i first saw it but have no bumps on my testicles and this spot doesnt itch
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  666
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You are having boil on scrotum, it is an infection of hair follicle/oil gland. It is usually caused by Staphylococcus.
Apply warm compresses on boils repeatedly. This will decrease the pain and help draw the pus to the surface. Once the boil comes to a head, it will burst with repeated soakings. Avoid excessive heat to testicles.
When the boil starts draining, wash it with an antibacterial soap until all the pus is gone.
Do not pop the boil with a needle.
Keep good personal hygiene.
If boil persists or enlarges then contact health care provider ti drain it surgically.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor