Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Red spots on 12 year old for 2-3 months, its look like a blister

my son has had red spots on his body for 2-3 months - these are almost flat red spots with no center...they get dark red then fade out over a week or two. Doc says muluscom but I m not satisfied with that...they don t look at all like a blister and they aren t flesh colored.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello, welcome to HCM. Your child need a thorough check up as it could be due to some allergy, any infectious agent or even some hemmorrhagic disorder. You need to run some blood tests on him to rule out hemmorrhagic diseases. Take him to any other pediatrician and dermatologist to rule out moluscum. Wish your child good health.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

It may be skin allergy or sun allergy. You may apply talcom powder regularly and then watch if he is releived.


Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic Medical Consultant and Physician
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
They could be mild bleeding under the skin which can be caused by certain infections and toxins in the body. Does he have any fever, loose stools, cough, blood in urine. Kindly get him to a Doctor to get a thorough checkup for best management of his problem.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor