Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Red marks on body. Why are they painful? What can they be?

Hi, I have had this condition for almost 5yrs now, I did go to the doctors but I forgot what he said it was, as he didnt explain much to me. I have red long marks appear on my body in all places and they burn , they dont stay they go away after a day or two but come back again all the time, its so painful to live with and the doctor did not tell me anything that I can do to help this condition. Could you tell me what it is and how I can relieve the pain when they appear. The doctor said it can last 5 yrs or more. Is this right? thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi i think u are suffering from chronic idiopathic has various etiologies.first rule out variuos allergies like food,dyes etc.then go for routine investigations like cbp,esr cue,blood urea,lft and serum creatinine.go for stool examination.then treat the condition with atarax 25 mg at night,alaspan in the morning and use a deworming agent ,use pantop 40 mg in the morning.if no response use oral steriods like wysolone starting from 30 mg tapering to 10 mg within 15 days
Answered: Fri, 4 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor