Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Red bumps in back of throat, white coating on tongue. Taken Adderall. Oral thrush?

I m 53 years old. I ve been postmenopausal since 2006. Had a hyterectomy in 1998 with 1 ovary left in. Started having severe heart palpitations and anxiety 14 months ago. I m treating with a naturopathic doctor and she is prescribing bioidentical estrogen and progesterone , dosages are estrogen 1.2 mg every day and progesterone 36 mg every day. The palpitations and anxiety are much better, sometimes I don t have either but we can t get them to competely go away. I have done extensive vitamin, supplement and nutrient testing, blood testing and I urine test my hormones and adrenal levels every 3 months and make hormone dose, vitamin and supplement adjustments accordingly. My adrenals are really high and especially my cortisol is very high. My diet is very good no processed foods or white starches lots of fruits and vegetables and I try to eat only organic meat, chicken and fish. I make and drink detox vegetable and fruit smoothies every day with protein in them. I have consulted with my regular MD and she thinks it s all hormone based and that it is not necessary for me to see a cardiologist because my EKGs are always normal although she can detect slight palpitations.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. When palpitations are persistent and there are no evident causes, doing a 12 lead EKG is like trying to understand a movie from a still frame: you just wont have enough information. Therefore, in your case there might be further investigations such as a Holter monitor (ambulatory EKG) or an event recorder to try to "catch" one of those episodes and see if they are related to an abnormal rhythm of the heart. You can discuss further with your local cardiologist.

Hope this is useful, wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Cardiovascular Diseases
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor