Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Red bump inside vagina. Looks like a cyst. Any OTC treatment available?

I am a 41 year old female and just got divorced. I have only been with my husband for the last 6 years sexually and have not even had sex for at least 8 months. When I went for my female exam over the summer, everything came back normal. I was severely sick 2 weeks ago with the flu and still feel very weak. I have had fever blisters on my mouth and my whole body still feels out of sort. However, the thing that concerns me is that i have a very small, red bump inside my vaginal area. It is down low, more toward the bottom and I only noticed it because I bought some extra fluffy toilet paper and it was sticking to me. It is hard to describe exactly where it is and embarassing to even try to explain but a doctor could not even see it or feel it unless you were to go slightly inside that lower area. It s like right on the every edge of the left side of that area. I have read about cysts and all that and of course there is all kinds of info on line about warts , etc. I work as a social worker in a health care clinic so I always hear about stds and stuff. However, from what I have read and from what this looks and feels like, it sure does not resemble a wart but more like a cyst, boil , or skin tag but I know I cant be for sure unless I go to the doctor. However, before I do that, I was wondering if there is any type of over the counter treatment I can try first, just in case it is something that will go away by itself. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

I understand your anxiety and concern. But, I request you to please understand that no ailment can be accurately treated unless a confirmed diagnosis is made, as all conditions have their respective treatment.

An examination by a doctor is mandatory, and instead of delaying it, and probably making the condition worse, an early visit could ensure quick and rapid recovery.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to me anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor