Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Recently I have been diagnosed with mild dyskaryosis

I am 24 and have recently had a smear test and have been diagnosed with mild dyskaryosis and have to go for a colcoscopy. I have had a previous smear at the age of 19 which was fine. My concern is that i have had some post coital bleeding (spotting). I had this a couple of times around 5 months ago and have not had since. Intercourse has been a little painful and i i feel like there is a constant dull ache in my abdomen . What do you think this could be? i am petrified that i have cervical cancer . Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  580
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Pap smear is a sensitive test. Mild dyskaryosis doesn't mean you have cervical cancer. More over cervical cancer is not common at the age of 24. Final diagnosis will be made only after colposcopic examination and if required biopsy will be taken. It could be dysplasia or CIN. TAke care.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor