Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Rash near nose, blotchy skin on eating something hot. Using steroidal cream. Permanent cure?

Since I moved to XXXXX over a year ago,I ve noticed a rash next to my nose which comes and goes. I saw a doctor Who gave me steroidal cream which seam to help,but for only a short time.ive varied my diets to see if there is a Comin denominator ( none) I stopped drinking hot coffee and gone to frappichinos and it seemed to go away, this morning I had hot coffee and my nose area started to tighten up and get blotchy and for dinner I had hot chili and that set it off , it got really tight and blotchy -- any ideas ? other then that I am in fantastic shape and I eat Healthy
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there Jeneric.

Your clinical observations are very astute if i may say so & would help any dermatologist pinpoint the diagnosis.

I may be wrong as this is only an online portal & for best results, you need to visit your dermatologist on the ground; But, your condition seems to be what we call Acne Rosacea or plain Rosacea.

This will need visual confirmation & as such, feel free to upload clear digital photos on this site.

Do ensure you use a sunscreen from dawn till dusk, avoid hot & spicy foods eg hot tea etc & UV light in general. Do try to use a topical antibiotic cream called metronidazole evenings & it just might get rid of your problem. Good Luck!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor