Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Puked several times, got hit on the back. Pupil test and BP normal. Consult?

hey i was drunk last night with some friends who ended up starting a fight. I got suckerpunched in the back of the head (didnt know the fight was happening yet). i puked a few times last night. i went to the doctors office in the morning and saw a family physician she did the pupil test and checked my blood pressure said everything is fine just rest. she believes i suffered a minor concussion and all i need is rest but then on my way home from the doctor i started puking again and had a tingling feeling in my tongue and hands but then i puked again and it went away. so my questions is since i did see a doctor who said just rest ami i ok or do you think i should go to the hospital and get a cat scan or mri . please, and thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.

what you are experiencing is Post-concussion syndrome, also known as postconcussive syndrome or PCS,
the most common symptoms include headaches,stuttering,dizziness,mood swings.shaking etc

the prognosis of PCS is excellent.For most people, post-concussion symptoms go away within a few days to several weeks after the original injury occurs.

In others, symptoms may remain for three to six months.but usually they completely resolve within the said period.

so vomitting is normal during this period.its good that the pupil test and BP are normal,it shows that brain didnt get damaged.

for treatment just minor head monitoring and rest from activities involving severe jumping,rolling,falling should be avoided for the said period..

a cat scan or MRI are only required if you develop sudden severe headaches or loss of vision.till then rest should help a lot.

thank you,
you can contact me for further queries.
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor