Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Prolonged dryness in eyes, persistent small red thing inside the lower eye lids. Remedy?

hi , i have been experiencing eye dryness probelm for quite some time .Now a days i am noticing a small red kind of thing which is inside by lower eye lids (doctors said this is due to body heat ) but it is quite persistant for me abt 2 months . what will be remedy for this and do i need to treat my eye with some specialist . thanks
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Persistent red lesion or swelling in the lower eyelids persisting for more than 2 months may be because of chronic inflammation of one of the glands of the eyelids like chalazion. The treatment for which is basically by antibiotic eye drops and if it is not responding to eye drops minor surgical procedure may be required. However I advice you to consult your eye doctor for accurate diagnosis and treatment accordingly.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor