Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, scan showed bilateral minimal renal pelviectasis, dilation of renal pelvis in kidneys. Is there any harm to the baby?

Dear Dr, Am 19 weeks pregnant.In the scanning it mentioned bilateral minimal renal pelviectasis minimal dilattion of renal pelvis seen in both kidney renal pelvis measured 0.5cm bpd,hc,ac,fl 341+/-34.1 gms bpd falls at 95th percentile and hc falls at 94th percentile for 19-20 weeks of gestation.. Pls clarify whether my baby is normal is there any problem. Thanks alot!!
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

If the renal pelvis diameter is less than 15 mm then it causes no concern but more than 15 mm means obstruction in the urinary tract so it is better to repeat the scan after 15 days and consult a urologist and there is a separate department of fetal medicine who can guide you better

Best wishes
Answered: Sat, 28 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor