Pregnant advised to take progesterone, aspirin and defac ci. History of miscarriage, endometriosis and laparoscopy. Is it safe to use these with homeopathy?
Dear sir, My wife is suffering from endometriosis . 7yrs ago a miscarriage, 3 years ago laparoscopy surgery. Age 34 yrs running. Now she is pregnant. She is now 5 weeks. She becomes pregnant by Homeopathy treatment. A Gynae and Infertility Specialist advise to take some medicines like 100 mg Progesterone, Aspirin BP 75 mg, Esomeprazole 20 mg, Defaz Ci(Elemental iron+Folic Acid+Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate) and Vitamin B Complex. Can she use these drugs in parallel with Homeopathy?
1. Progesterone is given to the pregnant ladies for the first 3 months to prevent miscarriage, and also prevent pre term birth and pre mature baby, moreover it prevents uterus from contracting in early pregnancy otherwise which may lead to miscarriage.
2. low dose aspirin is given in pregnancy if there is any contributory medical condition for which your Physician is the best judge, cos otherwise taking aspirin results in maternal and fetal bleeding, low dose aspirin therapy is safe during pregnancy, as it helps prevent miscarriage and also pre eclampsia.
3. Omeprazole is considered to be safe during pregnancy and is advised to counteract the effects of progesterone i.e. heart burn, nausea
4. your multivitamin are part and parcel of pregnancy and are completely safe.
5. good luck for your pregnancy.