Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Taking Nidagen, Omical and folic acid. High SGPT and SGOT. What do we need to do?

Dear Dr, my wife is 8 months pregnant(weight 60, height 5 ft 4 inch, phyisically healthy). currently taking nidagen 200, omical forte, folic acid , hamfer, alamin-m forte from last 4 months. heamoglobin is 11.5 but this week her SGOT and SGPT are 219, 298 (5-40 for normal) respectivelly. also serum biliribin detetcted 1.7 (0.2-1.0 for normal) kindly suggest what do we need to do ?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for Healthcaremagic,

Your wife is pregnant 8 months and developed elevation of SGOT/SGPT and serum bilirubin.

This could be due to viral hepatitis,other causes are Acute fatty liver of pregnancy,HELLP syndrome,Viral hepatitis, & Autoimmune hepatitis

You should see your Gastroenterologist and Gynecologist to diagnose the cause of the elevation of liver enzymes and treat them as early as possible.

Take rest and get Ultrasonography of abdomen to know the condition of Liver.

Treatment depends on cause but rest hepato protective drugs and if any viral hepatitis is detected specific treatment is required.

You can continue your vitamin supplements and regarding progesterone supplement discuss with Gynecologist.

Hope this information helps you.
Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Answered: Fri, 29 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor