Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Possibility of STI even if both partners are not infected?

Hello, I am jellie. I have already a 2-year old baby and we are been together with my partner since I got pregnant with our first baby. I am just curious about the STI . Because as a couple sex is always there. I want to ask if it is possible of getting this infection even if both of us are uninfected of Sexual Transmitted Infection. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Dear Jellie

Thanks for posting your question here.

Sexually transmitted infection as the name implies transmits from one person to other by sex. There could be untreated infection which has not yet been diagnosed from previous relationship.

If none of the partners have got current STI, then there is no transmission or infection to either partners.

I hope this resolves your query

Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor