Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Pin prick feeling in feet. Have stiffness and sensitivity in feet

Hello and thank you for taking my question. Here it is: In both feet , I get the feeling of a sharp pain, almost like a pin prick in the area on the top of my foot; I know this is not normal; should I be very concerned about this? For some background, about three weeks ago, I started fit walking for exercise. I would walk for about an hour to an hour and a half at a good clip. I would walk for two days then rest on the third. After the second week of exercise, I started to feel a real sharp pain on the lower leg muscle(s) that are beside the calf and run the entire length of my tibia , on the outside face of my lower leg. This pain was so sharp that it prevented me from pushing off in a regular walking motion. I stopped to rest for one week now. Just walking around the house, I have no muscle pain but I do have some stiffness and sensitivity (pain) when I walk in the area between the ball of my foot and heel. Thank you very much for your help. Kind regards- Roland
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  646
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Roland,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your pain in your foot and lower leg is due to over exertion of leg muscles due to exercise.

You should give proper rest to your legs.
Doing hot fomentation will be beneficial.

If the pain is severe, you can take pain killer like Diclofenac 50 mg twice a day after meals along with a muscle relaxant like Chloraxazone and an antacid like Omeprazole 20 mg.
Vitamin B12 supplement will help in treating your pin prick sensations.

I would suggest that you should get yourself examined by an Orthopedic surgeon.

To know more about the cause of pin prick sensation, get yourself investigated for :-
1. Serum Vitamin B 12 and Folic Acid assay.
2. Serum Uric Acid.
3. Thyroid profile

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor