Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Pimples, blemishes, dark circles, acne spots on face. Taking antibiotics, temporary relief. Permanent cure?

i have a weird kind of skin, which turns on and off very frequently. at times very good, mind blowing and at times very ugly. i have pimples and blemishes, dark circles and some dark acne spots on my face. i did take treatment from doctors and evrytime it did wonders however as soon as i leave treatment it turns back to its normal routine. need to have permanent solution or long lasting and also let me now how to maintain it. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..Thanks for your query

Acne can present in several forms. This includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflammed patches of skin (such as cysts).In the course of evolution, you may have any or all of these.Sometimes ,over a period of time, even if you are under a specific for of therapy,one agent might not be enough to handle it completely.This is based on the various internal hormonal stimuli as well, which can change several times.

Do not use heavy/thick creams ..Use only gel based moisturizers/ sunscreen for regular use.U can use a cleanser containing Salicylic acid/ Glycolic acid on a regular basis.

You can start taking Salicylic acid peels from a qualified dermatologist to achieve a better control of your acne.These are safe and latest methods whereby you can achieve a better control, but not be perturbed by the side -effects of long term antibiotic therapies.

Also acne is a very recurrent condition,as you see...It is essential to maintain yourself on a control by doing frequent followups with your doctor and changing meds as and when required.

As for dark circles, you can start using Kojic acid containing creams once daily..Dark circles are frequently very resistant to therapy and the treatment depends upon assessment by your dermatologist.

Hope this helps.Take Care!
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor