Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Pimple on nose, upperlip, applied garlic as a result got burned with black mark. Should i consult a skin specialist?

i always had a clean, healthy and glowing skin, but now few small pimple sort of things are coming on my nose and upperlip portion close to nose. one by one these turn into bigger one, last week i applied crushed garlic over one such pimple and as a result of which it got burned.. now, a black mark is left ... will it vanish permanently by itself or should i consult a skin doctor?? please help me, iam depressed
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi,acne vulgaris should be treated by medicines. Garlic is irritant for skin,so it shold be avoided. However, you do not worry ,the black spots may go away by it self wthout treatment. Wait for two months. If the black spots do not fade, then kojic acid and vitamin C containing cream should be applied. And take oral vitamin C ,glutathion, and nicotinic acid for long time.. I hope you will get good result. And follow proper treatment for acne. Do not remain in stress and anxiety. Avoid milk, ghee and excessive oily food to prevent acne..
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor