Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pilonidal sinus, ensision surgery, antibiotic, weeping puss

It is now march. I got a pilionidal sinus and had a closed ensision surgery in did not heal as cavity filled back up, I received my second surgery 6 weeks ago and it is an open ensision.....I get it packed every day or either every second day, I have been on antibiotics and it is now weeping puss again and not getting any this normal and is it going to heal
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears that the infection in the cyst must be a resistant bacteria.
I advise you to go for a culture and sensitivity of the discharge from the cyst and get treatment according to the result of the test.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms ofloxacin, ornidazole till the test results are received.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 23 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor