Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Physical test showed blood in urine. PAP smear normal. What could be wrong?

I had a physical 2 weeks ago and after peeing in a cup my dr. called me a week of so later and told me the lab had found blood in my urine . They wanted me to come in for a repeat test. The day they called I happen to be seeing my gyn/ob for my annual pap . I asked them if I could do the test with them since I was already there. My results just came back and my pap was fine. I feel fine; no pain yet they too dectected blood in my urine. They want me to go see a urologist . What could be wrong with me since I feel fine. Could it be serious?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
Dear Patient
Blood in urine in lab report suggest microscopic hematuria. You must visit a urologist for further evaluation. He can suggest urine culture, a ultasound KUB and renal function test for further evaluation.
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor