Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Penis is covered by rashes. Is it fungal or bacterial?

My son has a rash expanding around the diaper area. For the last several days it has grown and has even began to cover his penis and it is a cause for worry. The local doctor s office is currently full so we have not been able to get him to a doctor to get it looked at. But it seems to be fungal or bacterial. It causes him great discomfort and he scratches at it constantly.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It covers only diaper area ? If yes then possibility of diaper rash is much more.
The possibility of bacterial or fungal infection is much less if it is not general to all over body.
Stop wearing diaper for few days.
clean the area.Keep it dry by dusting powder.
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor