Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Paralysis with diabetes, high bp, lungs are not working properly. Patient is in I.C.U. What to do ?

hello doctor , I m chetan from dahod(gujarat), my question is: the patient is 73 years old, he has diabetes , high blood pressure ,lungs are not working well because of smoking , so he is in I.C.C.U. room on oxygen. he can t utter words properly. he has paralysis in his right hand. what to do please suggest.quickely.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello chetan,
i would advise you to continue traeting him in the icu till he is able to breath adequately on his own.
to assess the future nature of his disease his present condition must be stabilised.
his paralysis is permanent however can be helped with physiothery and rehabilitative care.
please follow the orders of the icu doctor.
and in case of future doubts contact us back at health care magic.
take care
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor