Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Palmoplantor psoriasis diagnosed. Hardened palms and sole. Daivobet suggested. Any other medication?

Hi sir. I am a Finance expert doing job in a private company. work profile is to sit in an AC floor and working on laptop. last year i have hardedning of skin on palms and sole of the foot and consulted a doctor. he diognised it as palmoplantor psoriasis. and advocated Daivo nex, not availabel in indian market now. Daivobet is also not available. i use hard moisturisers adn remove the harddned dead skin with a emory paper and apply the creams. for some time i used clonate and had some relief but not full. will PUVA do good in my case.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.For treat local psoriasis "Daivonex" is the first therapeutic option, alone or in combination with corticosteroids " Daivobet " .If not is effective,another option is topical corticosteroids high power"Clovate "for a short period of tiempo.Si topical treatment is not effective should be using oral treatment with corticosteroids ( prednisone)
All listed drugs must be prescribed by your doctor.
PUVA treatment is applied to patients with generalized psoriasis, would not be suitable for your condition.I wish you good health.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor