Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Pain relief for leg, please suggest me

I have been having a lot of problems/ pain with my right knee and leg. Last summer July of 2009 I was playing a soccer game and ran into another player with my big right toe. I heard a pop in my toe and figured I just banged my toe up pretty bad. So I continued to walk on my injured toe for about a month in a half and did nothing with it. The pain in the toe caused me to walk funny in order to compensate for the pain which in turn caused every other muscle in my right leg to messed up and hurt. The pain traveled up all the way to my right hip and may have even affected my back. Finally I went to go see my Chiropractor and she got a lot of my right leg back to normal. With the exception of my right knee. So my chiropractor recommended I get a second opinion from a physical therapist and an orthopedic surgeon. Which I have done and they see nothing wrong with my knee they think the source of my knee pain is in fact being caused by either my right hip, back or right foot/ankle. Even though the pain is in my knee when I am walking. Here is my problem I need a doctor who can figure out where on my body the source of the knee pain is being caused by so I can begin to treat it with my physical therapist and begin to fully recover. Only problem is there are no doctors who specialize in this. All the doctors out there are specialists in a certain part of the leg e.g. ankle, foot, knee, hip, back. What I need is for someone to help me find a doctor that can identify what part of my leg or back is causing my knee pain so I can treat it and get rid of my knee pain for good. does anyone know of where I can go to get this done? or have any suggestions as to what I can to do to get my knee back to normal.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Feb 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  451
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  Anonymous's Response

You can refer a Podiatrist (someone who specialises in only legs)!

Answered: Mon, 22 Feb 2010
  User's Response

a podiatrist is someone who specializes in foots, ankles, and lower legs. I need a doctor who can do all those as well as hips and lower back as well.

Answered: Mon, 22 Feb 2010
  User's Response

Ok so my physical therapist believes that the pain in my knee is being caused by a damaged or ultered nerve in my lower back. I am going to be seeing some back doctors and will report back as to whether or not that is the case. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Boy oh boy did I learn my leason. never procrastinate when it comes to treatment.

Answered: Tue, 23 Feb 2010
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Bikas Mandal's  Response
please check you serum uric acid level, c reactive protein
Answered: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor