Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Pain in the ear after getting exposed to an explosion. Difficulty in hearing words. Need to consult an ear specialist?

i was exposed to an explosion in august of 2011. I have been to an ENT several times and he sees nothing wrong with my ears. I have taken audio test at the ENT and results seem normal. However, since the accident i get occasional ear pain ( both ears ) feels like a momentary ear ache almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. What could this be ? Also, i hear words wrong sometimes. On occasion when someone is talking close to my ear i won t hear any distinguishable words, i can only describe it as sounding how a blown stereo speaker may sound and it is very painful. I think i will now seek an ear specialist.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query and analyse the observation of your doctors after this I am suspecting that you are having loss of discremination of sound. That means your hearing threshold is normal therefore audiogram is normal. In such cases on physical examination of ear appears to be normal.

Your problem can be diagnosed by SPEECH AUDIOMETERY.

I hope this will help you.

Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor