Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Pain in spine, tender to the touch. Failed lumbar spinal fusion

I have a failed lumbar spinal fusion (surgery 12 years ago with pedicle screws, plates and rods - bone graft from hip). I also have RA. Recently, I have a lot of pain in my spine , and it is even tender to the touch (around the hardware site). My Rheumotologist x-rayed my back and stated that it seemed out of alignment and is ordering an MRI. Please help me to understand what this means.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response
dear it is a post surgery problem.It will be a little difficult to exam you with MRI because it is an electromagnetic field and as you have metal parts on your back it isn't alloweded.So I will consult you to do an Lumbar CT scan and during this time take XXXX 400mg three time a day and XXXX 75mg twice a day.Hopping my advice will reliaf your pain
Answered: Mon, 9 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor