Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in ribs, bloating, shivering, burping on gagging. Food poisoning?

Hi I woke up randomly due to pain in my upper abdominal/ribs and it feels like its due to bloating . I was also shivering a lot and when I would try gagging/throwing up, I burped up some gas that relieved some pressure in my stomach. It feels like food poisoning and I dont feel nausea but I feel better when I try to throw up.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Gurneet,

Food poisoning happens when there is vomiting accompanied by loose stools. You do not have loose stools.

It is most likely to be due to gastritis or indigestion of the ingested food.

Please take over the counter antacids like Digene or Gelusil. PPIs like pantaprazole and omeprazole also help to a great extent but they are prescription drugs. You need to get them prescribed by a physician.

Take bland diet for a day or two. Drink plenty of fluids.

You shall be fine soon.

Take care.

Answered: Sun, 17 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor