Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Pain in lower right side, x-ray shows fecal matter. Taken magnesium citrate. Can heat pad be applied?

My son had an X-ray of his stomach do to some pain on the lower right side. The xray showed a lot of fecal matter and his ped told him to take magnisium citrate. We did it and he had a BM but still had pain. We put him on a liquid diet the next day and tried magnisium citrate again. The pain has lessened but he still has some pain. No fever, nausea , vomiting or pain standing sitting or walking upright. We would like to try a heat pad?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that your son might be having absolute constipation.
Continue giving laxative.
Give him light diet.
Give him more fiber containing diet and fruits juices.
Give him plenty of water.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor