Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain behind both eyes, use ice pack. Pain medication helps a little. Any advice?

I am 40 years old and for about 22 years I am having a bad eye problem that after about 30 doctors I can t get relief or what is wrong. About age 18 I started severe pain in and behind both eyes that never goes away. It feels like they are bruised but I have never been injured. I can t sleep cuz pain is worse than natural child birth so every night for the past 22 years I lay down with an ice pack praying to numb the pain. my doctor gave me pain meds but it helps very little. I can t function like this anymore. Do you have any advice? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
well as you have said you have visited many doctors,can you please tell what was your eye pressure,was it normal or high,it can be either of two things,either a high intra ocular pressure or may be some corneal erosion syndrome.where the cornea gets eroded frequently,bandage contact lens might help you.but need to decide what it is.
thank you
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor