Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain around pelvic region and belly. Blood test shows appendicitis. Taken antibiotic. Stomach getting bigger

I have persistent pain around my pelvic region and around the belly for a week now. I went to my doctor 3days ago with complaint and he decided to remove my mirena . I went back the next day with the same pain (and more sensitive tummy) and he sent me to hospital thinking I have appendicitis . The hospital doctor took urine and blood samples off me and said my blood count is normal but the other test says I have some infection and he said it could be appendicitis. He gave a 2sets of antibiotics and sent me home. Now, after 2 days, since I went to the hospital, I think the pain has gone down a bit but I have noticed that my tummy is getting bigger (it s normally flat in the mornings but now it s even higher than my chest- I m female by the way 36D). Help please.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello dear
abdominal pain and distension goes in favour of subacute intestinal obstruction provided you do not have constipation. you may need erect abdominal X-RAY and ultrasound abdomen to rule out this. USG abdomen will also find out appendicitis. after getting the report its better to consult GI surgeon for further managemant. hope this answer is helpful to you.
take care
Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor