Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Old aged, suffering from asthmatic problem. Not satisfied with treatment. Alternative solution?

sir my grand father sh. mittu lal suffering from asthmatic problem since last ten years i got treatment for them from DR.sudher mathur since 7-8 years (MD PHYSCIAN) but now a days my grand pa(72 year old) not satisfy from there treatment so please guidance me what will i do for them. pankaj sen 0000
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello Pankaj,

Asthma is caused due to broncho-constriction (obstruction of smaller airway passages) which is indicative of Hyper-responsiveness of air passages to an allergen.

Management consists of:

1. Inhaler- provide symptomatic relief by causing broncho-dilation (dilating the smaller airway passages, relieving the obstruction & increasing airflow to lungs)
So, it can be used during an acute attack.

2. Montelukast preparations- used as a maintenance therapy to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies & asthma.

3. Antihistamines can also be used to provide symptomatic relief.

4. Protection from exposure to cold, dust or other allergens.

If symptoms still persist, it will be better to consult a Pulmonologist for further management.

Wishing him a good health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor