Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Non invasive papillary low grade urothial carcinoma, enlarged prostrate. CT scan of chest, abdomen normal. How is bladder wall thickening treated?

yes please am 75 years old and had one month ago a cytoscopy to the bladder , the result was non- invasive papillary low grade urothial carcinoma so i was advised to do CT scan to the chest and to the abdomen so the result showed that every thing seems to be normal except an enlargement in the prostate and a bladder wall thickening please i will be awaiting for your expectation and if this can be considered as serious issue and what is the next step
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
dear yazan, your bladder tumor shows non-invasive low grade features which mean it can be managed endoscopically (which i believe has already been done) and you can be put on surveillance (periodic cystoscopy and urine cytology tests as advised by your urologist). Remember, it can occur again, so follow urologist's advise. You can also be given local chemotherapy (medicine is put into the bladder through tiny plastic tube and urine is held for an hour) to decrease chances of tumor occurring again. Bladder wall thickening (of entire bladder) may be due to outlet obstruction (enlarged prostate). The prostate problem needs to be evaluated and treated separately by either medicines or endoscopic surgery. take care.
Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor